Makes 1 cup
1 horseradish root
½ cup white or rice vinegar
Salt to taste
1. Peel horseradish root and cut into chunks.
2. Place in food processor with half the vinegar (or grate the root by hand).
Cover and process until finely minced.
3. Add salt and additional vinegar to taste. Refrigerate to rest and store.
Horseradish will grow milder with time.
Horseradish butter will taste best heated on grilled foods such as streak, chicken, or tuna.
Here’s the recipe:
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish drained
Cream the horseradish and butter with a fork.
Cover and refrigerate until needed.
Here are two recipes for horseradish sauce:
2 tabelspoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1 cup of milk
Wine vinegar or lemon juice
Freshly grated horseradish to taste.
1. Melt the butter and blend in the flour.
2. Remove the pan from the heat or place it over hot water.
3. Slowly add the milk, blending it in until smooth.
4. Return to heat and cook slowly, stirring constantly, until the sauce is thickened and smooth.
5. Season to taste with freshly grated horseradish and a dash of wine vinegar or lemon juice.
1. Peel horseradish root and grate.
2. Mix 3 tablespoons of grated horseradish with ⅔ cup heavy or whipping cream.
3. Adding a dash of Dijon mustard, vinegar, and sugar to taste.